Monday, February 6, 2012

Off Season Visit- Grand Prairie Air Hogs

After my visit to Fort Worth Cats, I ran over to Grand Prairie Texas off I-30, and was able to stop into the Quick Trip Park, home of the Air Hogs.  Beautiful stadium, in a major sports complex area.
Jeff, the team PR fellow met me and even though the team store was closed, and didn't yet have their new season stuff in, let me have a logo ball.  They didn't have any hat pins. 

     This is a lovely ball field, that has to compete with the Texas Rangers.  Jeff said they average 2500 fans a game- the team is under new ownership, and he was looking forward to the new season. 



The team gets the name Air Hogs from the big airfield that used to be next to the stadium.  They play in the American Association.                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment